Tuesday, November 15, 2011

November 7 - I Am Number Nine

I Am Number Nine (Season 5, Episode 6)

My first GG review! I'm going to start with the episode from November 7th. Because... I haven't actually finished watching the most recent one yet.

I for one, was very disappointed that we didn't have a new episode last week. It was very depressing.

I loved Blair's bridezilla moment. It was awesome seeing her... tryouts for her bridesmaid position. But... isn't she allowed more than one? Why pick only one out of four? Unless Princess Sophie already has a bunch of others picked out? I hate that Charlie won. And I hate how manipulative she is. She shouldn't be able to be that manipulative! I won't deny that anyone who spends too much time on the UES will develop champion scheming skills, but Charlie somehow tapped into her skills right after meeting them! Remember her scheming to get Dan last season? And that thing with Penelope being disqualified? How the hell did she manage to set THAT up? With her just happening to fall into the waiter's arms? And the thing with Jessica. Couldn't Jessica have just retied her halter? Why did she disappear and just never come back? I'd think Charlie would be sticking to low risk things, just keeping Diana happy. She doesn't need to go all out and get this amazing story of Blair's wedding (which I feel like they'll just screw up) to impress her. All she needs is to keep Diana happy so that she doesn't reveal who Charlie really is. Charlie doesn't deserve to be Blair's bridesmaid. Blair deserves to have a good wedding, and Charlie being in it won't make that happen.

I was so happy at the end when Blair and Chuck resolved things with each other. I'm also really glad they didn't just go straight into having sex. In that situation, it just wouldn't have worked. Chuck finally came to terms with his feelings for Blair and he finally apologized! As much as I used to love CB (and really still do), the way they were before wasn't healthy. Maybe they'll stand a chance after Chuck learns to let go. Think about it this way. If you have a dog you love that won't stop following you around no matter where you go, wouldn't you get annoyed with it? Wouldn't you eventually want to get away from the dog regardless no matter how much you love it? If the dog would give you some space, you would go back to it on your own because you want to play with it again. It's like that with Blair and Chuck. Chuck wouldn't leave Blair alone, and she got fed up with it. Especially since Chuck wasn't exactly treating her the best. But after Chuck learns that he needs to back off, she might realize that she still wants to be with him.

Poor Blair just saw Louis' dark side. Although... saying that he's turning into Chuck is going a bit far. Louis's only protecting what he wants. Which... I suppose is leaning toward becoming Chuck... Okay... that just killed my argument. But... Blair gets to have a dark side. Why doesn't Louis? I thought their relationship was for better or worse. If this tears them apart, then clearly they were never meant to be.

Oh yeah, where did Beatrice go?

Nate and Diana are boring. It's too Lady Catherine. Although I like Diana better. She's strong, and she's very manipulative. She bothers me a little, but at the same time, she fits in very well. Her on her own is entertaining. With Nate... she becomes baggage. She gets protective over Nate, and then she just becomes a piece in a bigger game. If they already have Diana as the catalyst for all the UES's problems... what the hell is Charlie's role?

Please don't tell me that Dan and Serena are making a come back. I really don't want them to. Serena seems to still be caught up with Dan. Fortunately, Dan doesn't seem enamoured with Serena anymore. I feel so bad for Dan that he got knocked off the top ten tho! I mean... I guess I didn't exactly expect him to go on and be the greatest write in the world... but I kinda expected his fifteen minutes of fame would... last longer.

~ XOXO, Seravia

P.S. Just a little background on my views. I love Blair, don't like Serena, love Chuck/Blair, Dan/Blair, and Louis/Blair. Right now, that order is DB, LB, CB. Let me repeat. Right now. That's bound to change. So don't pelt me with tomatoes for putting CB last. But hey, NB comes even after CB. Oh, I hate Charlie, she's just Serena 2.0. Or at least she was. Maybe she's evolving. This will all become clear after I post my reviews to all the episodes previous. Oh, so much to rant about...

No comments:

Post a Comment