Monday, November 21, 2011

November 21 - All the Pretty Sources

All the Pretty Sources (Season 5, Episode 8)

I've taken to making notes about the episode while watching.  Just for this blog.  I'm way to enthusiastic about getting all my thoughts about Gossip Girl out.

Whoa!  Angry Louis!  He's quite adamant about getting Blair to admit she's wrong about her friends.  I like Louis.  I'd even be okay with him ending up with Blair.  But then he goes and starts being a jerk.  He's her fiancee, he's supposed to support her.  Even if her friends are evil, manipulative bitches.  Which they aren't!  Not right now at least.  Sure, they transform into the spawn of Satan at the drop of a dime.  But, right now, they're really being loyal to her!  See... my notes say, "He's totally right about Blair's friends!"  But after finishing the episode, we can see that he's the jerk here, and Blair's friends really do have her back.  Most of the time.  Unfortunately... the part of the time they don't have her back is usually when she's most vulnerable.  So... you win some, you lose some?  Not sure which is worse.

William... I liked him the first time we saw him.  The first time we saw him, he was all, I'm so proud of you, Nate!  And Nate had gone through a lot.  But... the more I see, the less I like.  I think I speak for everyone there.  Today, at first I was like, William's trying to help Nate?  How sweet.  Then... I remembered how William tends to "help" people, and I was like, Dude, get away from Nate.  His life's screwed up enough without your help.

I was starting to like Diana too!  And then she's fired.  She actually seems to like Nate.  He's not just a plaything.  This is good.  Maybe she's not Catherine 2.0. I want to know her secret though... If her secret gets out, William's gets out too?  Intriguing.  Me wants to find out.  Right now.  But sadly, we probably won't know until... oh, I don't know, Christmas?  Wonder if there'll be a hiatus this year?  Hope not.  That'd be an awesome Xmas present.  No GG hiatus?  Duh!

I thought Ivy was finally going to get burned this time.  (I've been training myself to call her Ivy instead of Charlie.  It'll get out eventually, and we've now firmly established she is most definitely NOT Charlotte Rhodes.  But they know Charlie!  Whoa.  That was a curveball.  But Charlie is alive?  I kept getting the impression she was dead.  Good to know she's not?  Well, actually, I'd like it better if she were dead.  A lot of things would make more sense too.  How could Carol leave Charlie in Florida when she came to sort out Ivy then?  She's a horrible mother.  Blood is thicker than water, isn't it?  Hasn't Carol held a grudge for long enough?  I can't believe Ivy just totally talked her way out of things.  And Lily is so gullible.  Except when it come to Serena, of course.  Then she's sharp as a tack!  Max staying must be a portent for everything blowing up in Ivy's face.  I cannot wait for that.  I've despised Charlie/Ivy since she showed her face last season.  At least now I can happily despise her for being a two-faced, annoying, liar.  Everything just happens to her.  She just happens to get that Tiffany ring.  Gods.  (I've been reading too much Percy Jackson... I've even started being afraid of being struck down by lightning for insulting Zeus!  But... perhaps another post on that later.)

Diana mentioned the Hunger Games!  OMGG!  I love the Hunger Games!  Movie coming out in March next year!  Go see it!  I certainly will.

Dan and Chuck... hanging out... run for your lives!  The apocalypse is beginning!  Kidding, kidding.  But really, that was my first thought when Dan went looking for Chuck to hang out.  Voluntarily.  Gasp!  But, Dan/Chuck bonding is so cute.  They're the only people in the series who haven't formed a bond yet.  I like this new bond they're developing.  And... Chuck realized Dan loves Blair too!  And he's okay with it, strangely enough...  But it was so sweet.  Now Chuck and Dan have something in common.  They're both in love with Blair, but they both lost.  But... it looks like Chuck might be winning?  Too bad I want Dan to win. I still like C/B!  Don't smite me!  But I like D/B more.  Chuck is officially awesome.  Him taking care of drunk Dan was awesome.  (I use the word "awesome" waaaay too much.)  And he went to find Dan at Blair's shower so he wouldn't crash it.  Wow.  New Chuck.  And this time, it's a genuine change.  Not a fake Eva change.  Yeah... didn't like Eva much either.

Poor Blair and Louis.  Their relationship is heading for the cliffs, and... Chuck is trying to stop it?  Whoa... that's new.  Dark Louis is... strange.  But strangely attractive.  Louis needs a dark side.  He was too perfect before.  But, perhaps this dark side is going a bit far.  Louis forwarding those GG sources to the Spectator.  Wow.  I mean, I knew it was gonna happen as soon as he saw the webpage, but really.  Louis, if you turn into Chuck, do you really think Blair will want you?  UES is contagious, and Louis... you're catching it.

Speaking of those GG sources.  Serena's surprised she's sent a thousand texts to Gossip Girl?  Why is this at all surprising?  She's Serena Van der Woodsen.  She knows all, and as long as she wants, she can send every secret she knows to Gossip Girl.  When she gets vindictive, she forgets that what she does hurts.  Or she just doesn't care.  Does she really think she's a good girl just cuz she tried to change?  And Blair having twice as many?  Not surprising either.  I love Blair, but she has a short temper.  And she definitely sends texts to Gossip Girl all the time.  But Nate... now that is a huge surprise.  I always thought Nate sent plenty of tips to Gossip Girl.  But not one?  Not a single one?  He's totally been redeemed in my eyes.  I absolutely love Nate Archibald for being a loyal friend.  He's seems to be the only one who's always, always loyal.   He's my favorite character right now.  Alongside Blair.

We all sparkle in our own ways, but loyalty sparkles the most of all.

~XOXO, Seravia

No comments:

Post a Comment