Wednesday, December 7, 2011

December 5 - Riding in Town Cars with Boys

Riding in Town Cars with Boys (Season 5, Episode 10)

Ahhh!  Hiatus!!!  Nooo!!! I can't wait till January 16th to see what happens!  Saw the preview for The End of the Affair?  The music... was very different.  It was so slow and sad.  It was so unlike the music Gossip Girl usually uses.  Music is a way to set the mood.  What mood are they trying to set?  It scares me.  I mean, they won't kill Chuck.  They already played that card once for the season 3 season finale with Chuck ending up shot. They can't kill Chuck.  They already killed Bart.  Seeing Blair and Chuck in those stretchers... and seeing Chuck comatose.  It was horrible.  And Blair pleading for Chuck to live.  And she lost her baby.  I just know it.  Her crying after Serena told her she lost a lot of blood.  Who didn't see this coming?  I just hope they can properly deal with the grief of losing the baby.

Now, let's talk about this week's episode.  Nate the businessman is awesome!  Being in control suits him.

"Bibbity Bobbity Boo!  I will never leave you again!"  Oh, I love Dorota.  She's awesome.  She's comic relief and the voice of reason.  She's Blair's conscience.

Blair - "Princesses don't go to Queens."
Dorota - "Need to marry Louis to be a princess."
Good come back Dorota.  If Blair can give up her dream of being a princess for Chuck, then she truly loves him.  All Blair's ever wanted is to be a princess.  That's why she fell for Lord Marcus and Prince Louis.  And before that, Nate was Prince Charming.  Chuck didn't fit into the picture because he's not a prince.  But if she's willing to find that dividing line between dreams and reality and plant herself on the reality side of it, then she's finally figured things out.

Serena and Dan?  Heart-to-heart?  Very sweet.  But I really hope they're not trying to bring back the Derena relationship.  I feel like they've been hinting at it for forever.  Serena's been getting all jealous of Blair since she found out she and Dan are friends.  Geez.  She's Serena Van der Woodsen.  She's not supposed to jealous of Blair Waldorf.  Jealousy is not pretty on you, S.  Your jealous.  So you ruin your best friend's future?  Classy.  Real classy.  Don't get me wrong.  Louis deserves better.  But Serena isn't Louis' best friend.  She's Blair's.  It's like how my best friend's roommate asked me for my friend's secrets.  I gave them something harmless then told my friend about it.  Her roommate got mad at me for doing that.  ...Hello?  I'm her best friend!  Not yours!  Why would you think for a second I would keep it a secret from my friend?  With Serena, your best friend is somewhere she shouldn't be considering she's engaged.  You don't go running off to her fiance to tattle!  She's going to help Louis get the ending he deserves?  What, by killing the ending Blair deserves?  Where does your loyalty lie, S?

Serena actually realized that Dan was the best guy she dated.  You know, she blames Lily all the time for jetting off for a boyfriend, for getting married a billion times, and for choosing the men in her life over her children.  But Serena, look at yourself.  For almost every guy in her life, she's had to give up her family, or at least part of herself.  And she does it willingly!  Aside from Nate and Dan, there's Ben, Trip, Aaron, Gabriel, Carter, and Colin.  (I'm not positive that this list is complete.)  Your mother chose the men in her life over her children?  Then like mother, like daughter, huh, S?

"I don't think I've ever gotten it right before him... or since him."  Wow, S.  Such insight.  Who knew you'd ever figure that out.  Hindsight is 20/20, after all.

I really wanted Dan to tell Blair how he felt.  He needs closure.  But I have to say, what he did was much more admirable.  He's starting the slow climb back up to being the Dan he used to be.  The good Dan.  The one who didn't get drunk and crash bridal showers.  It was so cute seeing Blair and Dan hug!!!  Blair stil cares about Dan enough to go to him and pour her feelings out.  I love Dan and Blair together.  They're from two different worlds, but intellectually, they're the same.  Blair is the smartest one out of her friends.  She and Dan are the only ones who could get into Yale on merit and not because of their family name.  What matters is what's inside.  On the surface, Dan and Blair are like oil and vinegar.  But even oil and vinegar mix together briefly when you shake the bottle.  Dan and Serena could never work long term because they can't understand each other.  Sure, Serena is trying to be all good now.  But she can't keep it up.  The party girl comes out every once in a while.  The problem is, when the old Serena reappears, disaster strikes.  Dan is intellectual, he cares about books.  Serena cares about... what exactly does Serena care about?  Getting her way?  Doing what suits her?  I'm not saying that Serena needs to be well-versed in the classics and be able to recite Shakespearean sonnets to be with Dan.  The problem is that they don't value the same things.

Oh yeah.  Loooooved the Dan/Blair hug.  Blair ruined it by being, well, Blair.  But it was sweet while it lasted!  I can't believe Dan actually set up that candlelit room to get Chuck and Blair together.  I totally thought it was gonna be him confessing his feelings.  I actually banged my head on my desk when I first saw them walk in.  I was like... No!  Dan, that's so cheesy!  You can't seriously think you should confess how you feel like this.  And then he didn't.  So I loved him again.  Poor Dan.  Even though his heart was breaking, he did what he had to to make Blair happy.

Loved Blair's reaction to the room.   "You brought me to watch a human sacrifice.  Or and episode of the Bachelor.  Either way, I'm not happy!"  Laughed so hard.

What's with the oil on the ground under Blair's limo?  I'm not well-versed in cars, so I have no idea if that was supposed to be a "Ooooo!" moment.

Wonder if Max had anything to do with Nate's chauffeur taking him to the UES instead of the airport.  When he saw Nate outside Chivy's party, he kept staring after Nate's limo.  I wonder if he was memorizing the license plate...  I'm not sure what good that would do though.

Serena sounded so disappointed when she realized Dan really wanted to tell Blair he loves her.
Dan - "How do you kill a feeling?"
Serena - "I don't know..."


The scene reminded me so much of that scene just before prom with Chuck and Serena!  Watch the video!  I mean, I guess it's not exactly the same, but it's similar.  And Dan says that he just wants Blair to be happy.  Sigh.  Love.

Can I just say that the New York City skyline at night is gorgeous?

"I'm the fraud."  YES!  The words I've been waiting for for six months!  Since the end of season 4!  Finally!  And now... we wait another month (or more) to find out what's gonna happen to Ivy.  She's finally stopped being Charlie.

What do Diana and Jack have to do with any of this?

Change is the only thing that's constant.  Trying to stop it is like trying to stop the tide.

~XOXO, Seravia

No comments:

Post a Comment